That's what I was thinking, too. The placement I'm looking at is to have the subs firing outward and they'll be about three feet or so from the sub to the walls. They'll be flanking a large entertainment center so I don't think firing inward next to the big piece of furniture would be good.

I am hoping that with two of them it will help even out the distribution in the room and it's bound to be better than the single sub placement I have now. It's literally under an end table in the corner half behind a bookcase that's beside the table. It sounds great on the couch but start walking around the room and there are some serious saturation points where the bass drowns out just about everything.

$200 seems pretty cheap for quite a large potential gain. Plus, like you said, I am already trying to decide which room to set up a new 2.1 system in. And if the speakers don't work out in the theater, I can always use them as a stereo setup in another room instead. Time to break out the old 1050 I never got around to selling!