I'm sure Outlaw won't release the 976 until they're satisfied. I remember they scrapped the processor that was to have Trinnov room correction because they couldn't get it to work right.

My 975 has been in place in my system for over three years. Barely think about it, cause it's performed as advertised with no issues.

I went over to the Emotiva lounge to check out the MC700 issues thread. Up to 13 pages as of now.
It seems to me some of those issues should've been caught in alpha testing. Never mind having customers do their beta testing.
Some of the posts I read expressed concern over a FW update before their trial period was up. Or at least wondered about an announcement. I haven't seen an official response on that yet. Or even any offer of extending the trial period, or an acknowledgement of the issues they are having.

Dan Laufman did remind those who are thinking of returning, won't be able to repurchase at their original sale price.
There's a confidence booster right there!