Originally Posted By praedet
Ha, yeah, I guess I need to update that. I am in California now, and move to France in 3 months...

As far as the converter, it is not that simple. The frequency change is not ideal for DACs and anything that need timing, and the transformers use a LOT of power. Whatever they are rated for, they use 100% of the time. It is recommended to buy one that is rated for two times max draw...

Sadly, this pushes me towards an Emotiva pre-pro which is one of the only companies doing automatic switching. I will end up selling my LFM-1EX, my 7700, my Ultra X-12, and my Outlaw 975 just because none of them will work over there and I have no place to put them...

Interesting choice they made. It is not only possible, but it isn't even terribly expensive to make a high quality and quiet switching power supply. I suspect this has more to do with them doing an analysis of their market and just not seeing much traction outside of the US. Their power supply looks pretty beefy so perhaps they thought they'd get more mileage out of the audiophile heft test than any potential gain from a more flexible power supply for foreign markets.

I'll be interested in seeing what the more feature full version looks like when it comes out. Except for the lack of room correction (100% deal breaker), the 976 hit most of the must haves that I would have.

Best,