Hey guys...

I just sent Ben an email, but then I remembered...the Saloon!!

My Magnepan center was accidentally crushed by my lady friend during a move a while back, so I've just been running my Maggie 3.6s in stereo via a Peachtree Audio Nova 125 integrated. I moved the 975 to the smaller surround system, some Rogersound Labs speakers. Anyway, I have some Maggie surrounds I want to get back into play, and I'd also like to get the .1 LFE channel fired up again, as well. My thought is to just get another 975 and use it in the Magnepan since I have enjoyed my current 975 for several years now.

here is my question: If I configure it with no center speaker, will DD/DTS programming just down mix the center info to them mains and go about its day? Or will this cause dB drops in any of the other channels and/or other unforseen issues? I already know the Maggies throw a beautiful center fill, because that's how I've been watching movies for a while now. So Im not worried about that aspect of it at all. I just don't want to bother adding in a processor if it's going to create more issues than it solves, or if Im actually not going to be able to get the DD/DTS sound (including the LFE .1 channel) that Im after.

Not sure if I made that clear or not, but any help is appreciated smile

AJ
7075 Amp
950 PrePro (2003-2010)
975 PrePro (2012-Present)
Outlaw ICs (2003-Present)
M8 Subwoofer (2011-Present)
???