I am not sure what you meant by "some professional manner". If you are referring to a concert hall application units of this type would be less than useless. When I was doing pro sound for a living I did not like any of the computerized gear but have used a number of different pieces with my favorite being the Paramedic units from White Instruments. 48 channels with dozens of adjustable bands per channel with adjustments including width of band as well as db per octave adjustment. For analog units 6th octave offers the most adjustability without stomping on a neighboring frequency.

Biggest problem with eq is most people have no idea how it is to be used so automated systems have found their place in the industry. I did an in home demo of an Emotiva unit with Dirac and was not impressed. My friend who loaned me the Emo unit borrowed my Outlaw when I went on vacation. He bought a 975 and put the Emo on the auction site. Even with the eq switched off the Emo did not match the Outlaw for openess of the soundstage. One can shut off the eq but the circuity is still in the signal path. For stereo pick up a pair of 31 band units and a copy of REW and be done with it.

Different strokes for different folks.