There is a licensing fee for all of the high end room correction products such as Trinnov, Dirac and Audyssey. Many of the big players in the industry have gone so far as to develop their own proprietary processes to avoid having to pay the fee. Yamaha (YPAO) and Anthem (ARC) come to mind, to be specific, whereas Emotiva chose to license Dirac standard included in the XMC-1 and they offer the full version for an upgrade fee.

I would expect that a single user licensing one of the corrections would pay a lot more than someone getting it embedded in a processor just because of economy of scale available to the larger companies. This is similar to getting Microsoft Office as part of your new computer from Dell for $99 and paying $650 for it from Best Buy as a stand alone product.

Getting the stand alone product could indicate that you are going to use it in some professional manner and that could put an onus on the product to perform up to some standard that is implied but does not exist.

I agree that some one could create a product that incorporates several of the room correction products in one device which would give a user the ability to choose the one that fits their systems the best. Maybe even allow one RC to be used in one area and a different RC in another area. I have an HT room and a Music room and the rooms are so different it might be useful but...I wouldn't pay big bucks for it unless it was astoundingly good.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner