Originally Posted By renov8r

Here is a thread that highlights some of the other options -- http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?20448-Current-best-pre-pros-under-4K

Thanks for the link. I found those same models, except for the Emotiva, when doing some research when I thought my 990 was about to die. In addition, the considerable inconvenience of no HDMI in the 990 is starting to make the folks in my household restless. Gotta say though a recent Outlaw sale had their 7-channel 200 watt balanced amp made by ATI paired with the Marantz 7702MKII for the same price as the Anthem AVM-60 alone. While my 5-channel ATI is doing fine it was tempting, for a brief moment, to upgrade my pre/pro and get a new amp to boot. The decision to continue waiting for a more full featured Outlaw pre/pro may be made for me if the 990 quits in the near future or there is too much clamoring for Apple TV, game consoles and an upgraded cable box.