Funny you mentioned 4K video. A friend's son is in his last semester in an A/V program down in Houston. He is telling me the feeling about 4K video is lukewarm at best. ATMOS is viewed the same way. He said they had a person from Dolby labs come speak who gave the impression sales staff would see more benefit from ATMOS than the consumer ever will.

One of the dealers on the Polk forum just spent big money making the move to 4K to what sounds like little to no benefit. Visually he felt the 4K was only better than the Blue Ray when much closer to the display than normal viewing distances. If I have to sit six to eight feet from a 60" (or larger) display to see any benefit then I am not sure I see the point.

I know everyone who skipped the M-975 are quite interested in the new unit but can also understand a company like Outlaw taking its time adopting the new formats. The big companies have no choice when it comes to adding any new features as soon as possible. 90% of buyers are attracted to one receiver or pre/pro over another based on the bells and whistles so the big name brand that does not offer every option regardless of actual function will lose sales.