gooomz,

I tried a flush position with my plasma first because it hugged the wall better, but the screen reflected a bunch of stuff around my family room so I tilted it approximately 8 degrees. We watch TV with the lights on low but it is amazing how many little LEDs you have in your house. Some of those, along with regular lights we like to have on, could be seen in the plasma when it was flush mounted. The tilt greatly reduced those. Nothing really helps reflections during daytime, but a plasma's brightness allows you to look past most of the daytime reflections. I think the tilt helps with viewer comfort but you are still looking up a few degrees.

If I recall you have the Panasonic TH-50PH9UK which is a 720p, well 768p really, set. If that is the case you don't want to sit any closer than about 6 or 7 feet because you will begin to see the pixels of the monitor. Carlton Bales web site has a cool chart that compares seating distance to screen resolution. I can provide the link later. I think you made a wise choice of monitors since you wouldn't really be able to see the benefit of a 1080p (Panasonics TH-50PF9UK) monitor from a 13' viewing distance. Plus you saved around $2,500. Hey, maybe you can justify more toys!

Thanks, gonk for confirming my rusty trig.