I personally find Xenon gas with its higher density yields a tighter bass and helps cut down on room reflections. Can't breathe it but that seems a small price to pay for good sound. Argon? Really XenonMan? I am disappointed.

Tony is correct about the other forum being rabid about cables. If I used the mid line cables from one of the recommended makers over there I would have needed $7,000 (yes, seven thousand) to replace the RCA interconnects in my system. Then I would get to hear about how if I would only go to the really good stuff I would finally hear what everyone who knows is talking about. I think it gets silly and love a good cable debate blood bath from time to time.

I have been using Signal Cable IC's which have served well. The one benefit I see to moving up from included or peg board IC's are better connectors. Since switching I have never had a connection related issue. The ones I use are comparable to the Blue Jeans, I went Signal Cable as Frank gives discounts to Polk forum members.