goomz,

I need to reread the Panasonic manual to get a better feel of when 1:1 pixel mapping is active. I'm not sure setting the monitor at 720p and feeding it a 720p signal turns on the 1:1 pixel mapping. I'm curious if the Panasonic monitor still does (or trys to do) any processing in the 720p/720p situation you describe. Also, like you I'd like to know if the minor scaling done by the monitor to take an input from 720p to 768p makes any difference in what you see? As far as why 1:1 pixel mapping is only available using the DVI connection and not HDMI, I suspect its because DVI orginated in the computer world where HDMI is a relatively new standard aimed at home theater. Gonk's page on HDMI may shed some light on that issue.

Zorlac,

Since you have both DVI and HDMI cards you are in a great position to test some of the 1:1 pixel mapping alternatives and whether all the fuss is worth the effort. Your time permitting (Wow, twins!) I look forward to the hearing about the results of your experiments.

One question for both of you...Does the Panasonic make any noise? If so, when and what do you hear? Is it fan noise or does the entire monitor hum? Thanks!