I am having a number of issues, some related to the update, one not. I am currently running a 975 with a 7500. Most recently, my TV died, so I bought a new one yesterday (Vizio M70-C3). I immediately had two issues. First, ground loop noise has returned. Like many others, I spent hours and hours chasing this down in the past, and the only thing that worked was switching ONLY the Blu-ray HDMI through the 975 (the cable box HDMI went straight to the TV, and I used the optical for audio). Not ideal, but it worked. As soon as I got the new TV, this no longer worked. Even if the only things connected and plugged in are the 975, the Blu-ray, and the cable box, the hum is still there. It goes away if I have one source or the other connected.

To make matters worse, the TV will not recognize the picture from the 975! If I connect the Blu-ray directly, it works fine, and it will recognize the on screen display, but not the picture. So, I figured I'd try the update, which I had never done because the only laptop I have is an old Mac that is incompatible with the updater. So, I hauled my iMac, running El Capitan, into the living room to install the update. Like a poster above, I got to the point where it won't let me select a serial port. So at this point, I can't watch movies, and even if I could I'd have to swap HDMI cables every time I switched sources. I may try sending both HDMI signals directly to the TV, and using optical for the audio for both.

I was willing to give Outlaw a pass for the ground loop issues, but at this point I am beyond infuriated. I have literally spent days fighting with this thing, which is inexcusable given the cost. This is not a $200 receiver. The 975 and 7500 should work properly together, but clearly they do not. I expect more, especially in view of my experience with SVS, which has been a delight.

Rant off - any suggestions people have would be welcomed.