My 990 has been a stellar performer for many years and I consider it an exceptional value. Outlaw has created many other products that share the 990's bang-for-the-buck. The problem is the 990 is very outdated and I have had to resort to work arounds with newer components to have a home theater experience. Since I bought my 990 Outlaw has tried to bring to market three pre/pros with only one, the 975, available. Looking back it seemed to me those two pre/pros were delayed and then cancelled in part because of the cutting edge technology they wanted to incorporate into them. With Atmos it looks like Outlaw is trying to include advance features that most customers won't use. No, we don't know it is these advanced features are causing the delay, but we don't really know what is causing the delay. I sincerely hope the past isn't an indication of what will happen with the development of their latest pre/pro. Based upon my experience with the 990 I want to continue to be an Outlaw customer just sooner rather than later.

Lastly, I appreciate that Outlaw provides us a forum to talk about their products and on occasion to vent our gripes.