Originally Posted By: TL5
While there was no mention of room correction, Outlaw refers to it as "high end". To me, this means at least xt32, if not Dirac. After having experienced how xt32 works in my Marantz AV8801, I wouldn't consider any pre/pro without a good room correction solution.

I am not trying to be objectionable or just stir the pot but if your idea of "high end" means it must have room correction I suggest you read what guys like Nelson Pass a PhD Walt Jung have to say on the subject. $300.00 AVR's from Best Buy include room correction. Buy the chapest AVR with pre outs as the amp has as much to do with overall sound as the pre/pro. A great amp can make up for a multitude of sins upstream in the audio chain.

To me "high end" means the highest quality parts in the signal path as can be afforded for the price point. High end is much much about the electronics as it is about the gimmicks.

I will trade room correction (that anyone can do themselves) for 1% parts in the form of non inductive resistors and film caps. Take the money from the room correction licensing and spend it on better power supplies and rear panel connectors. Outlaw needs to continue on the path that has made them successful.

Edited by Stephen B (10/27/15 03:44 PM)