Originally Posted By: Stephen B
I would still like to know what was happening right at power on, is everything still powering on at the same time?
In the voltage department I still can't tell you exactly what's up and I don't plan to $pend any more on that. Instead:
1. run yet another line daisy chained from another circuit for low draw equipment.
2. add WHATEVER paying particular attention to isolating the 975 from everything else.
3. Instant turn on for sub & one amp
4. for the others use the Furman Miniport 20 delay feature. ~ 3 seconds & 3 seconds should do it.
I looked at the Monster site for your surge suppressor. The literature says it should protect from transients from outside sources but says nothing of anything unpleasant that might be created by something plugged into the strip itself.
i hope what you read above will protect etc and give us no more to write in this thread

How much current does a class A/B amplifier pull just sitting turned on with no input signal applied?
At idle the answer varies some upon amp bias though in most cases it isn't much. How close is it biased to "Class A?" You could turn it up that far, though without backing WAY off on the rail voltage or running it in a closed freezer w/a fan you'd see smoke soon! The Rotel & Belles run cool at idle, barely warm at extended high volume. A side note: the Belles is a bit load dependent on that issue - not crazy about lower impedances unless it's on a milk crate. The Haflers' bias settings are higher.

Looking around at the DIY sites one of the first upgrades to signal path components is the power supply. I would like to get one of your kills for a bit of fun time and experimentation. Better power supply and film cap/resistor upgrades in the signal path might yield something pretty cool.
I have to complete
A. several honey do items
B. the next phase for the reason for this thread
C. and the tri-amping
After the above, as backup I will build a regulated old-school PS for the 975 w/a few filtering enhancements because if it's factory PS poops again it's not worth repairing.

Tony