I wish to extend a heartfelt thanks across the miles of cyberspace for you taking time from your life to help me w/mine.
Originally Posted By: XenonMan
I believe you may have made your system too complicated.
No regrets during my 2 channel days. This just an extra channel by comparison. I'll be the first to admit "it ain't easy..."
1. cabling is a BUNCH of work, making sure the correct XO output is connected to the correct channel to its respective driver can make a migraine* seem less painful
2. verifying correct bandwidth output from each driver a little easier
3. the initial XO adjustments, while less physically stressful than 1&2, are harder for those who adjust for ego instead of SQ.
...but I can't recall ever being sorry once I retire that screw driver

BTW I suffer from headaches that are believed WORSE - Cluster AKA ice pick or suicide headaches. Ice pick comes from feeling in your head; suicide comes from self-induced fatality rate. But let's return to this problem giving more than just me a brain banger.
...but providing separate amps for each driver in your system...
Well I have the amps & XOs so... ...why not? As convoluted as it may seem, the overwhelming weak link(s) in my current setup are the passive XOs. I doubt Polk spent more than $3 maybe $4 in each of my Left-Center-Right speakers. To upgrade to resisters & caps that sound transparent, that is, they don't impart any sonic signature, would run well north of $100 per speaker easy. As crazy as it "sounds," electric $ aside, it's actually le$$.
...seems a bit self defeating.
Please rephrase - I don't follow.
I agree with EEMAN that you should seek a second circuit to split the load.
Working on just that for the low draw equipment when I'm not working at my second full time job, unpaid of course, the stuff my family messes up that ONLY Dad can fix.
Adding power conditioners is also adding load to the circuit as they are not passive devices and do use some power.
Thank you! You're the first to point that out.
The fact that the 975 survived for three weeks in a circuit that had a bad neutral is just happenstance...
I'll go along w/happenstance but NOT...
...good design by Outlaw.
...not by a long shot especially when you factor in the upgraded power feed, its the ONLY component failure in my system. BTW it was the house neutral.
Outlaw can tell you what the failure* was in the 975 from when they did the repair. It might narrow down the possible reasons for the failure.
I hope you're right about your last point. This time I'm including a letter requesting just that*.

I ask anyone watching and reading to see how this plays out, PLEASE be patient w/what I have in front of me. I'm the dad of more than most. Not just the number of children none of whom we birthed, but more than half w/special needs due to either their history prior to becoming mine, they were born that way, or in several cases, both. Making time for a passion that they enjoy fruit almost as much as I is tough.

Tony