Originally Posted By: EEman
...your amps may actually be causing the damage to the 975 by causing transients/brownouts/noise etc. that get back on the power lines feeding the 975.
I don't doubt transients & noise but question a brown out. During the Sept 2nd failure, volume was low. Either way you're saying isolate the 975 and feed it steady, clean juice. I want to believe that should be ea$y - it draws just 25 watts.

Unfortunately I struggle w/several aspects of once-and-for-all solving this problem:
1. I don't KNOW what caused the failure this time
2. Therefore, what's the solution? ???
3. SO many different products. MOV versus non, etc, etc. "Does it filter AND regulate?"
4. Easy, cover it all. $$$!! I refuse to just throw $ at it.
Finding something that will provide a measly 50+ watts of clean, steady power w/out spending a lot ($100) has proven frustrating at best. How about an AC-AC transformer ->APC 350? And, say a 750 to cover the other low draw equipment?

...you can't get 20Amps out of both outlets at the same time.
Yeah I realize the dedcated feed will SAFELY provide 20 amps total to both jacks. I chose to use the Furman as a 2 outlet strip for the Belles amps mostly out of convenience, powering everything else from the MC. I'd planed to reconfigure in a day or two using the MC for all low-draw, Furman for all amps & sub but the temperamental 975 PS has other ideas. Remember it ran trouble free for 3 weeks w/a damaged neutral.

I'd feel more comfortable if there were on two circuits so you could split the load.
Perhaps I could run an extension cord from a different circuit as a temporary "dedicated" low draw-only power source. I regret I didn't do a better job sizing up power requirements - I never imagined just my sub & existing amp powering my LCR could theoretically max the new feed.

At the time, running a second line would been a just little more work. On the other hand, even in its finished configuration, I'd be shocked if it actually exceeded the line capacity.

I'm more than a little tempted to live w/a fractionally higher electrical bill. Namely scrap/bypass the 975 PS. Salvage the PS from a Rotel RSP-980* - they're robust. Failing that, build old-school regulated PS(s) w/ additional bits and pieces for filtering. It wouldn't $ anything near or take up space like what some suggest I buy.
* Rotel RSP-1068 is still truckin' along too; both have dead channels

Thank for reading this far. I apologize if my negative feelings come across in my writing.

Edited by 975 destroyer (09/22/15 12:55 AM)