Originally Posted By: EEman
...I think the transient and brownouts are generated by the system
yes that WAS true BNR. Upon system power up, line voltage would sag to below 100 VAC then recover.

Scratch your head w/this:
Upon purchase, the 975 ran for 3 weeks w/out a hitch w/the same amp config* w/a damaged neutral w/a gas dryer. Switching to electric dryer made it poop. Didn't learn about the damaged neutral till after the 2nd failure.
* minus Audio Pro
...and back-feeding the 975.
what does that mean?

I'm concerned that the number of amps on the one circuit are causing high inrush currents (transients) and POSSIBLY low power factor (a potential source of brownouts) although I need to think about this some more.
I doubt that now. Does anyone think a 116VAC sag is a "brownout?!" Sidenote: we did experience a 2 second blackout just before lights out last night. See "Scratch your head" above.

Ponder this this solution: For all low draw equipment, looking at a Panamax conditioner on the Polk flea market for surge protection. Further considering 1 or 2 UPSs. One small (100 VA?), fast acting UPS for the 975. The other to power the everything else. The Xbox, TV, and cable* see the most use, the Xbox drawing over half the combined 6** amps or 725 watts? CD and Blu Ray about 1A each***.
* on all the time
** taken from their PSs
*** Xbox off when they're in use.

During the last failure the Belles Amps (6 amp fuses) were powered by the Furman out of the other 20A outlet* - remember it* has 2! The Hafler (3A fuse) actually wasn't turned on for some reason.

The amps combined draw based upon fuses = 19A*(!) though in actual use their draw probably 1/2 or less. Note: I will add 3 more 3A amps by the time I finish the bi-amping & tri-amping. Before that I will use the Furman** delay turn on feature (2-3 sec) to prevent popping the breaker. They'll, of course, share the dedicated 20A feed but none of the above mention UPSs or protection. I will get the amps protection in due course - one problem at a time
* Audio Pro not in equation - family game engrossed as I type
** BTW I have two Furman Miniport 20s - 20 stands for 20A

BTW, It does makes sense to me that a floating neutral on a 240 volt feed to a dryer would cause a lot of problems with voltage levels on individual circuits as the input to your house is a center tapped transformer. Doesn't explain the third unit failure though.
yup

Thanks for reading this far, you guys are the best! Tony

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
BJC 10 ga - LCR mids*, inside & out
8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

LR: Tri-amped Polk RTi A7
Rotel RB980s -> woofers; Rotel RB981s -> mids w/phase plugs & tweeters
CC: bi-amped Polk CSi A6 -> Rotel RB981
SWs: Sunfire & 4 Audio Pros - LFE True Sig; 4 Evidence - 1 @ ea corner
Surrounds: Rotel RB981 -> Polk RTi A3
Power Conditioning & Distribution:
3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman MP-20s