I hope what follows will answer most of y'all's questions though it may cause new head scratchin'. For brevity BNR = before neutral repair; ANR = after neutral repair

BNR, in various places, line voltage would go up & down like the stock market has lately, 5-10VAC. When the electric dryer would turn on, it would drop to 67-70VAC(!) in my family room/home theater.

ANR w/electric dryer still in the mix, I measured 1-1.5VAC. Under a volt on the dedicated 20A line. BTW: BEFORE reinstalling the 975 we switched to a gas dryer.

The 20A line voltage steady @ 119.9-120.1. When the amps & sub kick on, momentarily drops to 116 then quickly recovers to 119. Anyone want to guess why it pooped the third time? I can't even begin!

Originally Posted By: Stephen B
I wish he would give the full amp list. At one time the front right and left were tri-amped and it did not stop there.

For you, Steve, my man! Please pardon the correction below - you ARE, however, speaking the truth in advance! The ANR configuration has just one change: the Furman Miniport 20 feeds power to the Belles amps, the MC strip handles everything else

A quick preface: LR speakers come w/4 binding posts (bi-wire) I modded for active bi-amping, using an active XO for the curious. Mid/tweet the "tops," the "bottoms" a pair of what Polk call subs; a 7" sub(?) Yup. Well...maybe...they're rated to 35hz
The amps:
Rotel RB-985* rated @100***&160**WPC/8&4 ohms, powers the CC & the L&R tops
Separate L & R Belles Series 1 rated @ 100WPC powering LR bottoms
Hafler XL-280 145/WPC powering rears
Audio Pro B1.35 powered sub
* using 3 of the 5 channels; toroidal in PS
** tested exceeding power rating all channels driven, while meeting distortion specs

I so appreciate everyone's time, interest, & help in the search for "no more returns to repair!"
Tony

Edited by 975 destroyer (09/18/15 03:46 AM)

Canare 14 ga - LCR tweeters inside; CC outside
BJC 10 ga - LCR mids*, inside & out
8 ga Powerline - LR woofers, inside & out

LR: Tri-amped Polk RTi A7
Rotel RB980s -> woofers; Rotel RB981s -> mids w/phase plugs & tweeters
CC: bi-amped Polk CSi A6 -> Rotel RB981
SWs: Sunfire & 4 Audio Pros - LFE True Sig; 4 Evidence - 1 @ ea corner
Surrounds: Rotel RB981 -> Polk RTi A3
Power Conditioning & Distribution:
3 dedicated 20A feeds; APC H15; 4 Furman MP-20s