I don't recall a mention of room correction software either, but I believe that they were planning on implementing Audyssey MultEQ XT32 in their 978 if my memory is correct. I would hope they follow in that direction with the new unit.

As far as Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D, there may be concerns with regards to processing power, but with Yamaha and Denon, it does't appear to be an issue. Speaking with Onkyo, after they announced that they were dropping Audyssey and implementing their own AccuEQ, it appeared that processing power was the reason but I have my doubts. Of course they did not come out and state that directly, more of a round about answer. I wouldn't be surprised if licensing was the reason behind the drop.

Both Yamaha and Denon have released and are releasing receivers with Atmos configurations, Denon using Audyssey Platinum and Yamaha using YPAO R.S.C. 3D. Yamaha's software measures angles and reflections and with Atmos, that could be vital and of course would be dependent on room layout and measurements. Without taking some readings and observing the corrections, it is difficult to say how well it works. Some rooms will probably work well, other maybe not. Unfortunately, the interior designers on my projects have the final say with respect to room layout and furnishings with natural light, draperies and art work taking precedent over speaker layout.

Not to get off the topic, but I was underwhelmed with the Yamaha RX-A3050 yesterday. There is a noticeable delay in the receiver locking on to the audio decoder when switching inputs and viewing/listening to various media such as CD, Blu-Ray, etc. We even experienced this delay when switching tuners on the DVR. Reset the unit, reinstalled firmware, etc., no change, we reached out to Yamaha and are awaiting a response. Hopefully it can be corrected with a firmware update.