After using Audyssey XT32(Platinum) on numerous installs, as well as being intimately familiar with Pioneer's room correction software and Yamaha's YPAO, I will say that I would not purchase a receiver/processor for personal use without room correction software.

We are currently installing a system with Yamaha's newest receiver (RX-A3050), which is an Atmos install, and their latest YPAO offering measures angles, reflections and of course is multipoint. We have also implemented MiniDSP's with DiracLive and was very happy with the options and tweaks available post measurement. Yamaha and Pioneer both allow some choices and adjustments post measurement which is something that Audyssey is lacking with the exception of choosing one of two EQ's and of course enabling Dynamic EQ and Volume.

Overall I would choose Audyssey Platinum if I had a choice. I have found that Audysey has provided the most pleasing corrections when compared to Yamaha's and Pioneer's software, I would give a slight edge to Dirac Live in listening test. The bullet points that support Audyssey in my opinion is that it is on board and not a separate component (a big deal on some installs), it's fast, excellent results and Dynamic EQ is very popular with customers. Dynamic Volume not so much.

It will be interesting to see the features and specs of the upcoming Outlaw unit, I would be overjoyed if it includes Audyssey Platinum. I will end with how I have seen a swing to receivers instead of separates. Maybe that will change again with Atmos, DTS:X and Auro-3D, which of course require more amplification.