Originally Posted By: mdrconsult
Hi,

1) Is the audio of the AV7702 better then the AV7701 and if so by how much?
2) I noticed that the AV7701 only supports wired network connectivity. Do they have an option for wireless connections? My processor location does not lend itself to a wired connection.
3) Since I'm primarily an audio guy that's limited to 5.1 (or soon 5.2) are either or both of these units overkill for my needs, i.e. might I do better with a unit that had less features and better sound? If that's the case, any recommendations?

3) Both are most likely overkill for your needs. The 7702 maybe more so given the immersive audio features with the 13.2 channels.

2)The 7701 could be paired with any bluetooth or wireless solution, such as Outlaw's BTR-100 or OAW3, or any other brand wireless device, to allow you to connect wirelessly.

1)Without physical comparison, I would think the 7702 should be better in audio quality, just for the fact of it's newer gen circuitry- discreet, current feedback HDAM's, for the preamp circuit instead of the single chip op-amp type.

Either piece will support high res audio. The 7701 handles 192/24, and DSD. The 7702 should as well.

The Outlaw 975 does 192/24 as well, not as much overkill, and any DSD needs could be handled by the Oppo's audio output config menu.