Hi,

I'm looking for some opinions/feedback as I'm considering a new pre/pro. I'm considering one of the two Marantz pre/pro systems. First of all a couple of things about my environment. I am currently only a 5.1 environment and don't really have the room to go to the more complex 7.1 and beyond. Other than a new processor the only other upgrade I foresee would be going to stereo subs. I am much more of an audiophile. Movies and associated surround sound is nice but is really secondary. My prime concern is it must sound great! I have a vast collection of music that is on a media server with a fair amount of it in high resolution. I also have a large SACD collection that I play through my Oppo player. Probably more often than not I listen to music in stereo as I find most recording in surround sound do not add very much to the actual musical experience (although I will admit there are some recordings that are much better in multi-channel). So here are my questions:

1) Is the audio of the AV7702 better then the AV7701 and if so by how much?
2) I noticed that the AV7701 only supports wired network connectivity. Do they have an option for wireless connections? My processor location does not lend itself to a wired connection.
3) Since I'm primarily an audio guy that's limited to 5.1 (or soon 5.2) are either or both of these units overkill for my needs, i.e. might I do better with a unit that had less features and better sound? If that's the case, any recommendations?

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.