Thanks for the input everyone. My HT stuff has been pretty static for some time as everything is working fine (well the plasma has some green sparkles that aren't too noticeable) except very recently the BDP's 83 door. Most of my efforts for a few years have been on putting together a stereo. A number of components have come and gone but I'm dialing it in. My speakers are Selah Audio Ottavo. Selah is a small company that does internet direct sales and lots of custom speaker work. My main turntable is a significantly modified AR XB and it is a joy. I had Rogue leave out their solid state phono preamp in the Cronus Magnum and I use a Parks Audo Budgie tube phono preamp. As noted above the DACMagic provides the portal for hi rez digital music on my laptop and for low rez iTunes via an Airport Express. I'd always intended to add a CD player versus solely relying on iTunes for digital playback. If the plasma sparklies get too bad I will have a reason to get the 55" OLED and BDP-103(D?) and have the 83 for the stereo. "It could work!!"

Edited by AvFan (02/26/15 12:56 AM)