Originally Posted By: XenonMan
I see no reason to spend $300 on a separate DAC to play audio when I already have an excellent setup as is.

I did not realize this was now about you. My apologies. In your particular case and using a home theater receiver you are 100% correct in saying a DAC most likely brings nothing to the party.

In the case of the OP connecting to an integrated amplifier for audio only the circumstances could be quite different.

What integrated amplifier are you going to use? With a modern piece you should not have any issues while vintage gear can be a different story.

Connecting my BDP-103 to a 1970's Yamaha ca-1000 was best accomplished through the AUX input using the volume control of the OPPO to set the level one time only. Remember that your amplifier inputs will have impedance and voltage parameters and you have to try to match those as closely as possible. On the Nelson Pass Adcom unit it wanted to run through the CD input with the volume set to max.

Connecting the BDP-103 via RCA R&L to a pair of tiny tube monoblocks in my office resulted in smoke. Connecting through a Dared SL2000 tube line stage resulted in excellent sound but low output due to input mismatching. Turning up the volume on the OPPO to compensate resulted in noise once the input voltage spec of the Dared had been exceeded.

I doubt you have any issues connecting as you describe just watch the initial output setting of the OPPO's volume. Start low and work your way up slowly.