Wow, thanks for the great information! The 83 does have excellent DACs for two-channel listening and it proves to be an even better value. I have the first generation DACMagic and it is limited to 24/96 and has two inputs (other than a lower resolution USB input). I connect an AirPort Express for casual listening and my MacBook Pro with Audirvana Plus to play 24/96 music either purchased or recorded from my vinyl records. I was going to have a problem with three sources (the 980H too) and only two inputs on the DACMagic.

However, if I used the BDP-83 versus the 980H I wouldn't have to swap out inputs on the DACMagic. Just play CDs and my limited number of SACDs in the BDP-83 connected directly to my integrated amp. Cool! Now the 83's door problem needs to be blown waaaay out of proportion so I can say I NEED to get a BDP-103. And that lines up with my goal of getting a 55" flat 4K OLED and the new Outlaw pre/pro. Oh, its just money!

Edited by AvFan (02/24/15 09:43 AM)