Originally Posted By: Midnight
Thanks for the responses, especially since I haven't heard back from my Oppo inquiry. So just to clarify for my own understanding. Due to new protection schemes the Oppo is unable to bitstream the Dolby TrueHD signal to my Outlaw?

I'm sure Oppo answered you if you sent an email or web contact. It probably wound up in your spam filter.

Anyhow, no its not "all" TrueHD, only 7.1 where complex seamless branching is used. TrueHD is exceptionally demanding on processors, 7.1 more so than 5.1. There should be no issues at all with 7.1 DTS even where seamless branching is used, but its not impossible if they go crazy with the protection.

Complex seamless branching protection is used in combination with playlist obfuscation, by means of the JAVA code that's on the disc. If the JAVA code smells a disc copy it picks the wrong playlist and you get a scrambled movie and/or copy protection warnings. Most of these type movies use dozens of smaller video files to stitch together the movie from - instead of one large video file like any sane movie mastering would use.