I need help trying to diagnose a problem that I encounter just recently. I watched John Wick on Bluray this last weekend and the audio was a mess. The audio was cutting in and out like the Outlaw had trouble either locking down the bitstream or decoding it. I believe that John Wick is a Dolby Atmos encode, now i don't know if that causes a problem or not. I have an Oppo 83 as my bluray player and I've also contacted them to help me narrow down this problem. My Oppo is conected directly to the Outlaw via HDMI.

A couple of things I tried with no success and a resolution I found worked but not ideal. The first thing i tried was a complete power cycle of my components, that didn't work. I also tried 3 different HDMI cables also with no success. I did find a work around by having the Oppo decode the signal and send PCM audio,via HDMI, to the Outlaw. It's a solution just not ideal for me.

I believe I have the lastest firmware for the Outlaw. Is there anything else I could try for a solution or has anyone experienced this before? Or is this solely an Oppo problem?
Thanks in advance,
Jason