In my case it was those live performances that gave me some of the hearing loss. I personally don't believe it is possible to accurately reproduce a live performance due to the inherent limitations of our equipment at any price range. I have never heard a live recording that came close to "being there" due to the limitations of the recording equipment and then the mixing and then the RAII curves and the compression and then factor in the equipment we all use to listen. All we can do is make it sound the best way we like it. I think the older we get the more we tend to like bass because you can feel it as well as hear it and we don't hear too much above about 7k hz anyway.

TV System
Large Advent Loudspeakers/ Polk center/Monoprice surrounds/Panasonic Viera 42 inch/Onkyo HT-RC260/Sony BDP S590/Directv

Home Theater System
Onkyo PR-SC886/Outlaw 7125 Klipsch RF-82 L/R,RC-62 center, RB-35 SR/SL, BENQ HT1075, Outlaw LFM1-EX/OPPO BDP-83/Directv
Harmony ONE
Blue Jeans and Monoprice interconnects
APC H15 Power Conditioner