Oh yeah. I'm not questioning the USB input of the amp. I'm questioning the USB output of the computer. I know the PC is the issue. I'm trying to find a way to salvage the use of the PC in a cost-effective manner. I only mentioned the totally silent analog signal from a lowly Kindle via a lowly patch cord to contrast it with the relatively noisy sound coming through the USB which is supposed to be better. These two ways of transmitting a wired signal to an integrated amp are giving me results that are opposite of my expectations for them given the hype about digital and DACs and USB transmission, et al.

I am still confident that the DAC in the amp is better than the DAC in my 7-year old low end Dell computer sound card. Analog from my Kindle or from the headphone output of the computer may be quieter (silent), but the audio coming through the USB is likely cleaner, if only I can tame/eliminate the low level of background hum/garble.

Edited by Clarinet (01/18/15 08:26 PM)