Good question.

To directly answer your question, one of the reasons I bought the 2150 is because of its USB input - thinking I would get the best sound quality directly from my computer's innards. So I have been trying to make that approach work.

Isn't a computer sound card just another name for a DAC, aka digital/audio converter? I already have one - inside the Outlaw 2150. I don't understand what advantage a new "sound card", aka "DAC" would provide.

What has been people's experience with a good quality sound card compared to using the USB out to the Outlaw 2150? And how much does an upgrade quality sound card have to cost to make a noticeable difference, especially in getting rid of my existing USB digital garble?

I have to admit that 95% of the music I listen to masks the low level garble. It is primarily noticeable when there is no signal present. I guess I was expecting total quiet which I do experience when I play my Kindle Fire HDX from its headphone out jack into the 9150's front panel input - total quiet, even using a cheap cable.

Would an EXTERNAL sound card work as well as an internal? I guess it would still be subject to the same USB input noise that I am experiencing now. I don't understand how a new sound card would help. Please explain.

Will either approach (internal or external sound card) eliminate the background USB garble? Or will it become background analog sound card garble?

Edited by Clarinet (01/18/15 02:09 AM)