New to the forum so apologies if I didn't see any forum posts on this topic. I'm wondering if there are any threads related to what we'd like to see in a new pre-pro (someone suggested a name of "999"). I'd like to replace my (very) aging Lexicon MC-1, primarily because it doesn't handle HDMI at all. Even though I spent $4k on it originally, I was single at the time...so these choices aren't necessarily mine alone to make. This time, I really don't want to drop $2k+.

The 975 initially looked promising. From what I read it supposedly sounds fantastic, including 2-channel music, and has most of the needed features. I would have pulled the trigger a year or more ago, but the lack of a Zone 2 killed it for me. I have to have that (it's been in budget AVRs for decades), plus would LOVE full HDMI v2.0 compliancy (including HDCP 2.2 support), but can live with HDMI 2.0 pass-through for now.

Are the Outlaws soliciting input from anyone in an organized fashion? I'm assuming there won't be any updates to the current 975 platform. Any rumors on when something new might be coming and what it might include?