I too would like to see an Outlaw product in this category. There is still a large community of us that like 2 channel listening (or maybe 2.1) and don't need or want an 11.2 processor that's approaching the size of a microwave oven. For critical listening of music I still much prefer 2 channel listening. There is a large community of vinyl listeners out there and they love there 2 channel setups. But more and more those vinyl listeners are converting over to hi-resolution digital media. Even the most staunch vinyl freaks will have to admit that a good SACD recording on a good system sounds amazing. Better than vinyl I think so, others may not agree, but its certainly very close. The convenience of a good media server makes this media even more appealing.

Just like the vinyl guys have been purists forever with their main focus on keeping the audio signal as pure, clean and simple as possible so too are there now digital purists. Give me a binary source (transport or media server), a good DAC, a better amp, and great speakers and thats all I need to be happy. I don't need all those extras like tone controls, bass boost, bass management, balance control, etc. If you set your speakers up right (and have decent room acoustics) you don't need all of that stuff.

Here are some features I'd like to see:

1) Strong amps, at least 125W or maybe as high as 200W. Serious listeners want serious power!
2) The Best DACs available to keep it in the price range. Don't save money on the DACs, cut features but keep the DACs top notch.
3) Price range is debatable, I think under $1000 would be great, but if the value is there I could justify spending a bit more.
4) A variety of source inputs, including USB and maybe even a phono stage. Remember a large part of the two channel community still has vinyl.
5) Analog side for the volume control with a nice smooth adjustments, preferably a knob. Looks and feels better.
6) Bass management, maybe, but not critical. There are other options for this, i.e. use the subs built in crossover or an external crossover.
7) Headphone Amp, maybe, not really appealing to me, but I know many people really enjoy HP listening.
8) Small form factor, not every thing has to 17" wide and rack mountable.

I don't know if you'd sell millions of them, but with Outlaw's build quality and good reputation I think it would prove to be a winner for both Outlaw and the user.
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.