Ok you guys and gals

I just saw that DTS-X will is announced and more information will be given in March. From what I read, Outlaw is interested in this.

Will DTS-X, which is touted as object-based, be incorporated in the 975? If so does this mean that the 975 will have 11.4 pre-outs? John Kellogg of DTS said in a interview about a year ago that their new MDA file (DTS-X?) will render object-based audio into a standard 5.1/7.1 bed and even 2.0 as well. He did say the more speakers the greater the effect but MDA will be designed to be immersive with the standard bed. I wonder if DTS-X will be that "MDA" file and if Outlaw is looking at that prospect into the 975 without adding additional outputs.

In my humble opinion what will work for the masses, that is soundbar to 11 speakers, will be the industry default which was what Kellogg was speaking about a year ago.

Can anybody chime in on this. I am waiting for final parameters to be met before replacing my Onkyo 906 with a 975 to join my AWARD WINNING 7500 power amp.

Good job Outlaw in the 7500/7700 and other power amps and in the superb 975!

Edited by beyond 1000 (01/07/15 11:57 AM)