bootman,

Thank you for you posts. The Auro 3D video was very interesting. Also, I think it's great that the AV7702 is going to support it. However, I'm having a hard time conceiving how you could get both Atmos and Auro 3D to coexist in the same room (assuming a home theatre) without having a bunch of extra speakers and possibly having to switch cables back and forth. Auro does not want the ceiling speakers and frankly most Atmos users would probably be using the upward pointing speakers anyway. And I don't know what Atmos would do with the elevation speakers that are required for Auro. So it seems to me the average consumer would have to pick one or the other setup.

If in fact you are effectively limited to just one of these technologies for a given speaker configuration, may initial feeling would be to go with the Auro. My reasoning being that the requisite elevation speakers could use a greater variety of speakers, i.e. ones that would match sonically with my 5.1 equipment. However, another thing to consider is going to be how much content will there be. In that regard I think Auro is way behind. I think I'll wait this one out for awhile before I jump in.

Now the next big question is will Outlaw's upcoming processor support Auro. I'm almost hoping it won't! I'd hate to see the Outlaw processor get caught in the death spiral of feature creep.
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.