i'm curious. I got an email today from outlaw audio about a sale on their B stock items. One of the items that caught my eye was the..7725 7x125/ch amplifier. I run the Yamaha Rx-V871, which is 100W/ch (i believe), at 2 channels driven. The amplifer being offered is 125 w/ch, all channels driven.

I run the Infinity P363 full tower speakers for my mains, the P163 for my surrounds and the PC351 for my center. When I was asking about these speakers on another forum, one of the replies was "these speakers love good power". I'm wondering if, perhaps, maybe getting this amplifer might dramatically improve the performance of these speakers?

Ive never used seperates before, always just had an AVR. I know the yamaha has pre-outs, so I could use that as my pre/pro I assume. I wouldnt need to buy one, correct?

So, do you think going from the AVR amps to a dedicated amplifier would make much difference? I know the power output per channel is not much difference, 100W/ch vs. 125w/ch, but, with the amplifer, that would be all channels driven. Would moving to a dedicated amplifer make much difference with the speakers I have?