In doing the subwoofer crawl, is it best to move your couch/love seat/chair out of the way and put the sub in that spot, or to put the sub on top of the seat?

If on top of the seat, since my seat is a love seat, it means if I put the sub on top of the cushions, it will sink down into the cushion. Since this is a down firing sub, that would hinder the travel of the speaker. Would turning the sub upside down on the sitting position be advisable? So that the sub is firing up into the air?

Also, I'm using the lfm1 plus in the frequency extension. Is this the common setting or do most people use max output? I use this sub probably about 65% tv/movies and 35% music. I went for max extension for the lower frequency effects in movies, however, in my apartment, i have limited places to put the sub so I feel I may be running into some standing wave issues. I'm thinking of getting a second lfm1 plus to resolve this issue...or...is it possible i have the gain on the sub too low? I use it on a volume setting of 3. I've always been one to not over drive speakers.

I tend to think that turning a volume knob up too far is not a good thing and that if you are not getting the volume you want out of your current avr/amp, rather than turning the volume knob up, try to get a bigger avr/amp.

Having said that, maybe it's possible that im not getting all the bass performance I want because i'm running it too low? Instead of a second sub, maybe I need to turn it up more? What volume setting do most people run this sub at, and, how high can you get it before it becomes harmful to the sub?

Thank you.

Sam