Hello all, I have waited the mandatory 30 days to give my impressions after purchasing the 975 and a 2200 amp. I had lightning struck about 45 days ago, and took out messed up my old JBL Performance copy of the Lexicon RV 4 digital processor. It was very old anyway, and I wanted new processor for HDMI HD audio. Currently I am running the 2200 amp to my center channel, and have an old Adcom 4 channel running the rest at 60 WPC. Love the 2200, really brought the center to life.
All speakers are B&W. I plan on future Outlaw amp purchases for the other 4 channels.
To the 975: I m very pleased with it, and feel the sound is very good and an improvement over what I had, which sounded pretty good. I have only run it 5.1 and have not tried the stereo mode yet. I mainly use the system for a collection of over 250 concert DVD's and Blu-Rays. I use a Pioneer 300 DVD player, and a Sony S790 for Blu Ray, Netflix and Vudu. I spent a lot of time comparing Blu Ray movies and concerts in both the HD audio connection modes ( Dolby and DTS True HD or master audio) via HDMI against the sound via the optical connection. On most discs, I could not tell the difference, but maybe I could have if I had run a 7 channel set up.

Also, I did not experience any "maximum volume is too low issues", or HDMI handshake issues, onece you give it time to make the handshake. You can't see the primary function labels on the remote keys in the dark or low light, but I use a simple universal programable remote, to run all my components anyway, and that helps a lot. I like the features on the remote where you can adjust speaker levels while watching a video, w/o having to go into the system menu. I use it all the time to adjust the center channel as it can vary a lot from recording to recording.

Like a lot of people have mentioned in this thread, the on screen display is not my favorite, would love to have the decoding being used (Dolby Digital, DTS, etc) for what is shown on the display after the scroll, rather than video source. Would also love to have that display go dark after 10 seconds.

Over all, for the money, a great buy for the money,and excellent sound, and simple operation. I am sure it will sound even better once I get set up with all Outlaw amps. I find that with B&W 805 speakers, they do their best with at least 200 WPC. My problem is that for now, I don't want to deal with the weight of an 80 lb 5x200 amp, so I'll like get another 2 2200's and figure out some thing else for surround channels.

Overall, I am really enjoying the 975 and the 2200 amp and feel that Outlaw is the best deal in the market.

I