I really agree with this sort of philosophy. As cool as the ridunkulous feature list of options (and associated NASCAR like logo panel) might be to some drooling idiot at Best Buy I would actually PREFER to not have built-in access to every streaming service operating in this solar system, crazy connection options that I will in all likelihood NEVER use, LED display that could run advertising at an NBA stadium and more sources of digital / RF noise than your average Soviet era air-to-ground radio jammer...

Peter has to find a way to put a big ol smooch on the cheeks (not saying which set) of whatever MASTER OF ELECTRONICDOM that crushed the last effort and/or BUILD THE DARNED THING IN A COUNTRY where legal agreements actually mean something and just shove high resolution auto-EQ in a box with top notch connectivity(XLR might actually be nice in my book, but if low noise circuit design and topology gets 99% of the benefit...), modern OSD, high quality DAC chips, vanishingly low noise floor, non-disco party display and a front panel that looks like it belongs in my living room not up on the high bank at Talledega... Be nice if the list price did not have four digits in it either...

Originally Posted By: THX Jay
I posted something about this in one of the other threads, but what is everyone looking for in a mid-priced processor?

I can do without balanced connections and a lot of the legacy connections, but dual, stereo sub outputs would be great. Auto Room EQ would be really useful (I'd pay a little extra for Audyssey's XT32 with the bass/sub correction). I would also like a front display you could turn off. I liked the thought process behind the 975 of "trimming the fat" and going for sound quality over everything else, and I would love the next pre/pro to include these features.