I disagree KOYAAN.
I myself like many others since the demise of the 975 are looking for something more substantial then an EQ device.
While I have never heard of Outlaw coming out with or investing in a BB to the 975 I do agree that this forum needs vital resucatation. It is somewhat boring coming to this forum while there is no new avenues of product reinforcement to get people interested in Outlaw.
That said I am the proud owner of the 990/7700 combo and I was very excited and looking forward to the 975 and would have made a purchase. Since we read the obituary of the 975 some time ago I had it in my head to make a leap to Marantz....specifically the 8801. Mine you while the price tag is steep I did some research and found someone selling the Marantz ( authorized dealer) for1/3 less than its original price tag. However I came to my senses and realized that the 990 is for now STILL an adequate processor. Adequate compared to some of the processors that were in the marketplace at the time of the 990 release. By today's standards I feel it is a dinosaur.
I have taken time off researching for a new processor because I realize my system both in 2channel and 7.1 mode still has me at the edge of my seat when I put on a riveting movie on an artist such as Jane Monheit.
I am going to remain loyal to Outlaw and wait. Sit tight and wait. I just hope Outlaw survives. It is pretty competitive in the electronics market and I don't see a company surviving on pass performance indefinitely.
I also hope that IF Outlaw is redesigning a new processor it does NOT make any announcement of its development until it is in its final stages of production. The 975 was to much of a let down and disappointed a lot of people.
I hope Outlaw has a rebirth in the electronic environment.
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server
Mac-Mini