I've been able to play around with the 975 for a few days now and am ready to give some feedback.
Current setup is a Panasonic TC-P65GT50 (I have an inclination for plasma), Axiom Epic Grandmaster to make waves (In/On Wall M-22/VP150, QS8, and EP500 sub), along with an Axiom ADA-1000 (5 channel) to provide the juice.
I've had the speakers for several years, the ADA-1000 is a relatively recent purchase (it took the place of a Denon 3808CI).

Let's start with the positives. I like the look and it's slim (freed up some needed space). It provides tremendous clarity. Before, I used Audyessy with the Denon. I don't miss it. It runs relatively cool and the 975s input/outputs happen to match up quite nicely with my needs. The price is very reasonable and it appears that Outlaw (much like Axiom) has good customer service (this is my first Outlaw product).

Ok, now my negatives. None of these are real killers since the unit hasn't quit and all functions work. These are items that I didn't expect but I believe can be rectified. Kinda like going to pick up your new Vette and finding out that it's got some scratches on it and the check engine light is on. Everything still works, it's just a bit disappointing.

First on the list is lack of front panel dimming. I had to put a piece of tape over the power button. It is definitely too bright.

Second up is the remote. Seems like all the primary functions of the unit are secondary on the remote. This is not atypical and probably due to the amount of text needed. The better remotes I've used are more focused (bigger buttons, fewer functions). You definitely have to aim this guy as well (always a good reason for RF/Bluetooth).

Third up is the OSD. She don't look so hot compared to what was out 5 years ago. But that's no biggie, it just makes you want to set things and not come back. I'm happy at least that it did have an OSD. As you get older and grumpier walking over to the rack and looking at a little screen while punching a button just plain sucks (DAMMIT! Just missed that setting and now have to cycle through the whole damn thing!).
This leads up to another thing, why in the world (under Video Settings) do I have to hit the button on the remote 2 or 3 times to get a parameter to move one increment? If you take Brightness from 60-50 you have to hit the button 25 times. Shouldn't I just be able to hold the button? Weird.

This unit has some minorly annoying performance deficeits. When I powered up the unit on day 2, there was zero subwoofer output (all other audio/video good). Turned it off, checked all connections.....still nothing. Changed sources as well with no luck. Did a hard reset and all was good. A little later, when switching sources (all are HDMI) I lost all audio (picture fine). Again, went through the other sources (didn't help) then every component powered down and connections checked with no luck on the re-power. Another hard reset and I'm back in business. Later, while switching sources again, the screen flakes out and goes a speckly red,green,blue. I only had to power cycle the 975 this time. This happened once more during the day but hasn't in the last 36 hours. Dunno. It's like I'm back using Windows 95. It's a new experience to have "buggy" audio gear. I'll end the negatives with a seemingly common complaint. I wasn't expecting the volume to max out at 0dB. After doing the initial SPL check at 75db (speaker trims all 0 in front, -2 to the back, -6 on the sub), I tossed in the Avengers Blu-Ray and was surprised when I hit the upper limit. Not a big deal, just went in and added 6dB to all trim levels and that got me back to the volume levels I'm used to (roughly 103-108dB peaks during movies only).

To those that have made it this far, DON'T be put off by my comments. I like the 975, the sound it provides (which is one of its primary goals) is exceptional. It does a fine job of upscaling video (video is just fine overall). The only thing that I'm not used to is how long it takes to switch HDMI sources. The Denon I used (and still have) did a great job with that (fast and seamless). The 975 just takes about 5 seconds (compared to less than 2 with the Denon) and.....UPDATE!! Just as I switched sources to verify that switching time she went all goofy (speckly red,green, blue). Turned it off and right back on and all is good!....back to it...the only other "tip" I can give is that Outlaw may want to update their manual for the Video Settings. If you are using upscaling, the factory Video Settings (60,30,50,51,10) for Brightness, Contrast, etc. seem to be neutral (like a pass through) although still effective when adjusted from the stock spots. If you knock 'em down to zero you'll wonder why your picture went away.

I do like this unit sonically...just hope we can get some bugs ironed out.