Hey All,

This is my first post at Outlaw, but I've been reading the boards for a while now. It seems like a genuinely nice and receptive community to take part in. I look forward to getting lost in the message boards for some time.

The reason I'm posting is because I noticed a dearth of 5 channel amps at Outlaw. The Outlaws have five different 7 channel amps, but only one 5 channel amp. While I'm looking to make the jump into separates (because my MK Sound speakers are 4 Ohm), a 200 watt/channel amplifier would be overkill in my room. While I'm guessing there are people out there who have a situation/desire similar to mine, I can't understand why Outlaw doesn't have a 5 channel amp with specs like the 7125 amp.

Outlaw just introduced the 975 Processor, but both of their budget amps are 7 channels. There have to be many of us who only have room for/allowed to have five speakers which means we don't have large rooms or need a massive amp like the 7500. I may be wrong, but I thought most home theater consumers still have 5.1 setups. I believe the 7125 amp weighs in at 40 pounds and costs $1000. I would think there would be a market for a 5 channel amp weighing about 35 pounds and costing $700-$750. While I'm sure Emotiva makes a nice product and has a couple 5 channel amps, I know Outlaw makes a better amp. Plus, I would love an amp made in the U.S. of A.

I think there would be a real market for this product especially if it was combined with the 975, but I wanted to hear from you guys to see if my thought process made sense. If Outlaw made an amp like that, they could introduce the separates market to a new demographic.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jay