I have been using my Audio Source SW-15 subwoofer for over 16 years with little in the way of complaints or problems. The only drawback I had been aware of over the years is with newer soundtracks at theater volumes it has a tendency to bottom out and rattle. I have been able to address this issue by keeping the subwoofer levels lower, but find it inconvenient to continually adjust level trim for nearly every film, game, or piece of music to get the most out of it. I reconfigured my SW-15 last year to a downward firing setup and gained significant increase in discernible bass, allowing level settings to remain where set, but the problem still arises when being pushed at higher volumes, and I've always considered upgrading the 15" driver to a more robust unit, as well as the 250 watt plate amp.

I am a frequent customer of the invaluable site Parts Express, and over the years I have longed to pick up a Titanic III 15" subwoofer to replace my old Audio Source one with. What I'd like to know is if anyone has made the transition to this subwoofer, whether in the form of full kit, or simply replacement of the driver as I am planning, and if so how well do you like this woofer, and how does it compare both with music (is it controlled enough to keep up with fast transitions, mid to low and back) as well as film soundtracks?

Edited by Logansneo (03/20/13 01:46 PM)
Outlaw 7125
Panasonic DMP-BD85K blue ray
Xbox One X 4K Blu Ray/Games
Sony SS-K90ED tower speakers
DefTech Mythos 3 center
Modified Pyle 3" 2-way cube speakers side surround
Insignia 3" 2-way bookshelf surround back
Modified Audio Source SW-15 subwoofer (downward firing) 3000 watt
Dayton Audio SUB-1200 12" Subwoofer