Originally Posted By: gonk
The A/D/A is for bass management, and if I remember correctly (haven't used a Model 990 in a number of years) you can operate a stereo analog input in bypass mode without this processing.

For the length of run you're dealing with, I wouldn't worry about the lack of XLR input on the 990 - I would just use the RCA stereo output. It will work just as well as the XLR.

If you set any analog input to BYPASS mode, the 990 will not do an A/D/A conversion nor apply bass management. If you have a sub though, you should look at the 990's bass management matrix to see what it does with the L+R and sub. Depending on how your Fronts and Sub are defined (Fronts small/large or sub LFE/NONE/SUB), BYPASS mode in stereo analog will send either nothing or full range signals to the sub. So you could end up with more or less bass at some frequencies. I have it set so the sub gets full range in this mode and set the 2-channel sub trim down a couple of dB from the balanced multichannel calibration to help compensate.