Well I think you know I was sorta "joshing" as the Dell buyout was like a $24BILLION dollar announcement. And to be fair the Dell HW that my firm is having fits with is many years past its primary "full production" function but still a vital part of our development environment. Dell mostly does provide great service on new stuff and still helps us limp along as long we pay for extend support.

Funny thing too is that there are some analogies to the 975 product offering. See, back when my firm acquired this particular Dell HW and it was shiny new it was not real clear if the product offered more value than specialized units from other suppliers but it seemed awfully promising. The situation now is that we have a fancy "supposed to do everything" device that is kinda of limping along and gradually coming a giant costly decision point. I equate this to sorta maybe buying a used "does everything" kind of pre-pro like maybe an Integra 80.3 that cost, even used at a good discount, probably as much three or four 975s.

Part of me wants the "slices / dices / auto-eqs / internet connected / app friendly / wiz bang" of even a used pre-pro and another part of knows that WHEN something goes wrong no Integra dealer will even listen to my voice mail after they get to the "I bought it used" part.

Ideas? (feel free to PM too)

Originally Posted By: Hank
Ha- you should have made your suggestion a few weeks ago. But, perhaps there's an opportunity for Peter to come to Austin and do a customer service seminar at Dell grin