Blueone, sorry to hear about issues with your blu-ray volume level through HDMI. Just wondering if you might try connecting to the 975 via optical/coaxial digital connection, though I understand it won't allow the HD surround modes to play through them I'm interested to see if it might output at a noticeably higher volume level.

I am very, very close to pulling-the-trigger on my 975/7125 combo to replace my flagging 1050 and though I am concerned a bit about total output volume especially since blu-ray, Dish, game systems, and HTPC are what it will be used for, I have always wanted to implement a pre/pro setup and the flexibility that entails. I am also sure that in the coming years if output becomes an issue I might be inclined to upgrade the amp substantially to take further advantage of this killer little processor.

On a side note, I have a cheap Sony turntable connected to my 1050 and when I got the TRON Legacy LP last year whenever I got to my average listening volume level, my speakers would severely begin clipping causing me to immediately turn the volume to nearly inaudible levels. Ideas? Might I be concerned of this happening with the 975?

Edited by Logansneo (01/19/13 06:17 PM)
Outlaw 7125
Panasonic DMP-BD85K blue ray
Xbox One X 4K Blu Ray/Games
Sony SS-K90ED tower speakers
DefTech Mythos 3 center
Modified Pyle 3" 2-way cube speakers side surround
Insignia 3" 2-way bookshelf surround back
Modified Audio Source SW-15 subwoofer (downward firing) 3000 watt
Dayton Audio SUB-1200 12" Subwoofer