Originally Posted By: PeterT
blueone,

We didn't "choose" this remote. This is what the factory had available and programmed when we got our Beta samples. To find another "temporary" remote would have taken us nearly as long as to tool our own permanent remote.
So to have an imperfect temporary remote but have the 975 for the holidays for our customers was my decision. And to be honest, if I had to make the call again, it would be the same.

If we "dinged" our reputation with you on this complex product with that remote I am truly sorry I disappointed you. Our new remote can't get here fast enough for all of us. To say the least, it is tough making these decisions, I can only say that the positive reaction to the 975 has exceeded our expectations and we are now thinking about the supply.

Peter

Peter,

I would guess you are *very* anxious for the new remotes to come in. This situation must be a Class A headache. If you're comfortable with the decision and would do it again, that's fine. It's your business. The only real price you're going to pay for being "dinged" in my mind is that I'll be asking more questions and trusting that a product is ready for prime time a bit less before I'd order again.

The 975 is, overall, meeting my expectations at this price point. The maximum volume level limitation mentioned above is an annoyance sometimes, but not a fatal one for me, especially since we view DVDs and BDs less and less, and stream more and more, and the Roku seems to have sufficient voltage for the 975 to operate normally. Video and audio quality appear to be top notch. Set-up was a breeze. In general, nicely done.