Hello People,
The frustration gets better.
I picked up the 7700 yesterday. It had been running on and off for eight days and there was no hum.
Today I just connected the 7700 to the outlet. HUM.
I did disconnect my cable service. HUM
I checked my circuit breaker box looking for any lose wire. No luck.
The last thing I did having some success and I am hoping that someone here on the Forum can give me good advice. I have a 50' extension cable...three prong and first I plugged the extension cord in a bathroom outlet twenty feet away.
NO HUM.
Next I used the same extension cable and plugged it into the same outlet as I would plug the 7700 into. NO HUM.

Great, right? How do I solve this problem? Better yet. What is the problem? I certainly do not want to have a 50' extension cord in the loop. I do not have a shorter extension cord (10') to see if that would work but I intend tomorrow to borrow one and see what happens. I do not know if they made a 10' heavy duty extension cord.

I spoke to Scott and he was his usually self...helpful. He admitted he did not want to offer any advice b/c he really was not sure what the problem could be. He said he would get back to me as soon as he speaks to one of the engineers who work on the 7700. It is almost 5pm out here in Pennsylvania so I do not think that Scott will be calling tonight.

In the meantime if anyone out there can explain to me what the issue is and how to solve it PLEASE let me know.

Thanks guys
B&W 803D2’s HTM3S DS7's
HSU Subwoofer
Mitsubishi 6800 Projector
Da-Lite Screen,
Oppo BDP93
Comcast
PS Audio DSD
Stack Variac
Kill-O-Watt
Nakamichi cables Audio 8 cables
Air-Server