Well I recently swapped out an Onkyo 808 Reciever. Since I got an HDTV with HDMI about 3 years ago, I sold all my separates and got a reciever. Overall a good unit, but never sounded as nice as previous Outlaw / Parasound combinations. With the release of the 975 I decided to go to an outlaw 975/7125 combo.

My thoughts so far on the 975/7125 setup:

a) Frustrations:
- Even through the 7125 is more powerful than my old reciever. My system no longer "goes to 11". On those odd days where I really want to blast, the system caps out. Never experienced this with any prior system (same speakers for 10 years). Max DB I can reach is about 100db. Probably too lound anyway, but I occasionally like to make my ears bleed (haha)
- With all of the connections stuffed on the back with so little realestate, why only 5 audio combinations. totally fine with 4 HDMI video, by why not separate audio only config for coax or optical or analog?
- The remote sent with the amp is CRAP. Appreciate I will eventually get the replacement, but this is complete junk.
- When comparing my Oppo BDP-83SE analog output to the digital stereo decoding on the 975, the Oppo wins hands down! Way nicer on the Oppo.

b) Equipment combo issues:
- Seem to be getting the occasional HDMI handshake issue, but not sure if it is the Mistsubishi WD-65C9 TV or the 975.
- My new apply TV (ver 3) does not send sound at all via HDMI. I am currently researching, if anyone has this combo without issue please reply.

c) What I like:
- The sound on blue ray and regular cable TV is much improved over the Onkyo. More detailed, cleaner sounding, more full sound.
- The analog section is very good (like the old 990). The Oppo playing music via analog is simply stunning.
- The expanded base manipulations in setup add welcome functionality. I can now tone down my LFE channel, while boosting the sub for 2 channel music.
- The price seems fair, not withstanding the "goes to 11 complaint".

d) What I do not miss:
- Oddessey room correction.
- The Onkyo had too many features to use.

Final assessment. I actually sat on the fence to return over the Christmas holidays. But I did feel that when listening at normal levels the sound quality has improved over the Onkyo. Listening to the Oppo (via analog) to the Outlaw combo has been a Joy. Even 320K MP3 files sound really good.

For now I will keep.