Quote:
What if the idea that the voltage in out out of the house is the issue? Then I waste my time and money bringing into the shop.

Is there a chance you could bring the amp to a friend's/ relative's house for testing purposes??

As I have mentioned in other posts, I have had amp hum at certain times of the day...all told, maybe about 1% of my listening or TV viewing (and its at a very predictable time of the day-I sometimes go week's at a time without hum). When I first bought the 7500, I tried everything to track it down..no luck. Who knows, the frequency of it happening since then has greatly diminished. I know another time when the hum reappeared, it turned out to be a faulty old desk lamp that must of been on the same circuit.
As I said in other post, I really believe it originates with the power grid (its a very old neighborhood/no upgrades in line transmission).
I do have DIRECTV; there is a ground wire outside the house, i.e., that I would assume there is a ground rod associated with that wire.

I would really try and move the amp to another location for testing purposes.....
Anthem MRX-500/ Outlaw 7500, Paradigm Studio 100's Fronts, Paradigm CC-590 Center, Phase Technology Dipole rears , Martin Logan Dynamo sub, Oppo BDP-103, DIRECTV H22-200 DVR HD receiver, Samsung PN60E8000 3D Plasma 60"
2nd System
B&K ST 202 Amp, Outlaw 990, Rotel RCD 1072CD, Yaqin CD 1 Tube Buffer, Apogee Centaur Minors, Phase Technology Model 10 Sub, Rotel RP-855 turntable, Panasonic DMP-BD30, DIRECTV H21-700 DVR HD receiver, Free Agent Home Theatre+, Vizio 40" LED